Bittman’s Kitchen: A Chicken Dinner in Under 13 Minutes
A few easy tricks make this chicken dinner lightning quick. Top these with an avocado salad, and you’ll have a healthy meal ready to go in just about 12 minutes.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons paprika
Salt and pepper
2 garlic cloves
1 small red onion
1 cup cherry tomatoes
Several sprigs fresh cilantro for garnish
1. Turn broiler to high; put the rack 4 inches from the heat. Cut each chicken breast in half horizontally to make 2 thin cutlets.
2. Put the cutlets on a rimmed baking sheet, rub with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of paprika and some salt and pepper.
3. Broil, turning once if necessary, until lightly browned on both sides and just cooked through, 2 to 5 minutes per side.
4. Peel and halve 2 garlic cloves, halve and pit the avocados and scoop them into a medium bowl. Chop the onion and add it to the bowl. Halve the cherry tomatoes, add them to the bowl. Squeeze the lime juice into the bowl and stir to combine.
5. Rub the cooked cutlets all over with the raw garlic and put them on plates or a platter. Discard what’s left of the garlic.
6. Spoon the salsa over the top of the chicken, garnish with cilantro, and serve.
- Meet the NYC Restaurant Workers Still Working Throughout the Shutdown
- The Hunt for NYC’s Best Cheesecake
- The Hunt for NYC’s Best Sushi
- The Hunt for NYC’s Best Tacos
- I Tried to Become a Chocolatier at Jacques Torres Chocolates
- I Tried to Become a Waitress at Junior’s
- We Sent a Food Critic to the Museum of Pizza
- I Tried to Become a World-Class Cheese Expert in One Day
- Which Breakfast Is Better: Newfangled Acai Bowls, or Classic Eggs and Bacon?
- Teen vs. Food Critic: Taste-Testing a Viral Cookie
- We Tested the World’s First Desktop Mealworm Farm
- Watch What Happens When You Put Two Giant Cream Puffs Under Pressure
- Watch: Are Grain Bowls Made by Robots the Food of the Future?
- Watch: NYC’s Biggest Chocolate Factory Is a Queens Institution
- These Perfect Bistro Desserts Will Remind You of the Power of French Pastry
- A New-Look Diner Serves NYC’s Boldest Brunch Sandwich
- These Life-Changing Tater-Tot Nachos Speak for Themselves
- Don’t Sleep on This Fantastic, Totally Unique Pho
- Bittman’s Kitchen: Buffalo Shrimp With Blue Cheese
- Bittman’s Kitchen: Party-Ready Queso Fundido