Bittman’s Kitchen: Buffalo Shrimp With Blue Cheese
This dish has all the classic buffalo flavors: hot sauce, blue cheese, butter, and even some celery. Swap the chicken wings for shrimp and you get a slightly upgraded American classic that’s ready in 11 minutes flat.
1. Start by melting the butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Trim and finely chop the celery; put in a medium bowl.
2. Add the cheese, olive oil, red-wine vinegar, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper to the bowl. Stir to combine.
3. Place the shrimp in the melted butter, add a few dashes of hot sauce to the pan. The shrimp will be done when they’re pink and opaque (1 to 2 minutes per side).
4. Plate the shrimp and serve them alongside the sauce.
- Teen vs. Food Critic: Taste-Testing a Viral Cookie
- We Tested the World’s First Desktop Mealworm Farm
- Watch What Happens When You Put Two Giant Cream Puffs Under Pressure
- Watch: Are Grain Bowls Made by Robots the Food of the Future?
- Watch: NYC’s Biggest Chocolate Factory Is a Queens Institution
- These Perfect Bistro Desserts Will Remind You of the Power of French Pastry
- A New-Look Diner Serves NYC’s Boldest Brunch Sandwich
- These Life-Changing Tater-Tot Nachos Speak for Themselves
- Don’t Sleep on This Fantastic, Totally Unique Pho
- Bittman’s Kitchen: Buffalo Shrimp With Blue Cheese
- Bittman’s Kitchen: Party-Ready Queso Fundido
- Make Mark Bittman’s Simple Avocado Soup With Crab Salad
- New York’s Most Exciting New Steakhouse Is Also a Korean BBQ Joint
- Bittman’s Kitchen: A Fast and Furious Turkey Lunch
- How to Make a Healthy Chicken Dinner in Under 13 Minutes
- Mark Bittman’s Trick for the Fastest-Possible Grilled Cheese
- How to Make Mark Bittman’s Tuna Poke in Under 10 Minutes
- Make Mark Bittman’s Thai-Style Steak Wraps in Under 10 Minutes
- Mark Bittman’s Breakfast Bruschetta Is the Perfect Busy-Morning Meal
- You Need to Try Rabbit Lasagna