Bittman’s Kitchen: A Fast and Furious Turkey Lunch
A few extra ingredients make this variation on a grilled cheese sandwich feel like a special treat, but it’s still no work to throw together. Thanks to the broiled and premade pesto, this lunch is ready in under ten minutes.
Broiled Turkey With Brie and Pesto
8 ounces Brie
4 tablespoons pesto
4 slices sandwich bread
4 slices turkey breast
1. Turn the broiler to high; put the rack 6 inches from the heat. Place the bread on a rimmed baking sheet and toast both sides until just dry.
2. Slice the Brie into half-inch-thick slices.
3. Spread 1 tablespoon pesto on each slice of bread. Assemble 4 turkey, Brie, and tomato sandwiches.
4. Return the sheet to the oven and broil until the cheese is melty and the tomato is slightly browned. Serve immediately.
- Meet the NYC Restaurant Workers Still Working Throughout the Shutdown
- The Hunt for NYC’s Best Cheesecake
- The Hunt for NYC’s Best Sushi
- The Hunt for NYC’s Best Tacos
- I Tried to Become a Chocolatier at Jacques Torres Chocolates
- I Tried to Become a Waitress at Junior’s
- We Sent a Food Critic to the Museum of Pizza
- I Tried to Become a World-Class Cheese Expert in One Day
- Which Breakfast Is Better: Newfangled Acai Bowls, or Classic Eggs and Bacon?
- Teen vs. Food Critic: Taste-Testing a Viral Cookie
- We Tested the World’s First Desktop Mealworm Farm
- Watch What Happens When You Put Two Giant Cream Puffs Under Pressure
- Watch: Are Grain Bowls Made by Robots the Food of the Future?
- Watch: NYC’s Biggest Chocolate Factory Is a Queens Institution
- These Perfect Bistro Desserts Will Remind You of the Power of French Pastry
- A New-Look Diner Serves NYC’s Boldest Brunch Sandwich
- These Life-Changing Tater-Tot Nachos Speak for Themselves
- Don’t Sleep on This Fantastic, Totally Unique Pho
- Bittman’s Kitchen: Buffalo Shrimp With Blue Cheese
- Bittman’s Kitchen: Party-Ready Queso Fundido