You’re Only 9 Minutes Away From Homemade Poke
Poke is extremely popular right now, and if you try this recipe, you’ll see why. It’s full of craveable flavors like sesame oil and soy, the daikon gives it a nice crunch, and it’s all built on top of healthy lean tuna. Most important: It’s ready in less than ten minutes, and it’s essentially a perfect lunch.
Tuna Poke With Daikon and Peanuts
Makes: 4 servings
1/3 cup peanuts, chopped
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 to 1-1/2 pounds fresh tuna, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
1/2 small daikon radish
1/4 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1. Put a small skillet over medium-high heat. Put the peanuts and sesame seeds in the skillet. Cook, shaking the pan occasionally until lightly toasted and fragrant.
2. Put the cut tuna in a large bowl. Peel and chop the daikon; add it to the bowl. Trim and chop the scallions; add them to the large bowl.
3. Squeeze the lemon juice into a small bowl and stir the mayonnaise, soy sauce, sesame oil, and sriracha to taste.
4. Pour the dressing over the tuna and sprinkle with the toasted peanuts and sesame seeds. Toss to combine, taste and adjust the seasoning, and serve. Stir in 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, if desired.
- Meet the NYC Restaurant Workers Still Working Throughout the Shutdown
- The Hunt for NYC’s Best Cheesecake
- The Hunt for NYC’s Best Sushi
- The Hunt for NYC’s Best Tacos
- I Tried to Become a Chocolatier at Jacques Torres Chocolates
- I Tried to Become a Waitress at Junior’s
- We Sent a Food Critic to the Museum of Pizza
- I Tried to Become a World-Class Cheese Expert in One Day
- Which Breakfast Is Better: Newfangled Acai Bowls, or Classic Eggs and Bacon?
- Teen vs. Food Critic: Taste-Testing a Viral Cookie
- We Tested the World’s First Desktop Mealworm Farm
- Watch What Happens When You Put Two Giant Cream Puffs Under Pressure
- Watch: Are Grain Bowls Made by Robots the Food of the Future?
- Watch: NYC’s Biggest Chocolate Factory Is a Queens Institution
- These Perfect Bistro Desserts Will Remind You of the Power of French Pastry
- A New-Look Diner Serves NYC’s Boldest Brunch Sandwich
- These Life-Changing Tater-Tot Nachos Speak for Themselves
- Don’t Sleep on This Fantastic, Totally Unique Pho
- Bittman’s Kitchen: Buffalo Shrimp With Blue Cheese
- Bittman’s Kitchen: Party-Ready Queso Fundido