Play vintage board games and sip cocktails at Porchlight.
Photo: Melissa Hom
If the amazing parties featured in our Food and Drink issue (Mission Chinese Food’s in-theater dinner for the Hamilton cast; Dominique Ansel’s pie-and-waffle fest for comedian Jim Gaffigan and his family) have you inspired to throw your own bash, we have the cheat sheet you need. Here are 27 celebratory spots that are particularly well-suited for groups, from $8 noodles in Xi’an Famous Foods’ upstairs room to DBGB’s whole-beast feast with unlimited craft beer.
1. A 50-person cocktail party with a bo ssäm station at Booker & Dax.
From $65 per person; momofuku.com
2. An $8 noodle feast in the upstairs room at Xi’an Famous Foods’ 34th Street location.
3. Screen your biopic at Anthology Film Archives with pizza from GG’s.
Rentals for a screening theater and lobby start at $300 per hour; anthologyfilmarchives.org, ggsnyc.com
4. A last-minute birthday party for 40 at Botanica (To take over the back room, aim to arrive around 9:30 on weekends).
5. An after-hours BYOB dinner at Court Street Grocers.
For 18 from $75 per person; courtstreetgrocers.com
6. A lunchtime pizza party for ten at Roberta’s (for which they actually take reservations).
$22 per person; robertaspizza.com
7. Unlimited BBQ plus Brazilian soccer on TV at Rio Grande Churrascaria inside a Holiday Inn $20 per person weekdays.
8. Reserve the square tables in Brucie’s back room for a brunch party (pimento-cheese sandwiches!) for 15 people.
From $45 per person; brucienyc.com
9. Have a 32-person prix fixe lunch in the white-brick-walled second floor of Isa.
From $30 per person, no room-rental fee; isa.gg
10. Billiards, darts, ping-pong & mini pizza bagels at Society Billiards + Bar.
From $1,050 for a group of 20; societybilliards.com
11. A 15-course tasting menu for 15 at Han Dynasty’s UWS outpost.
$40 per person; handynasty.net
12. A build-your-own-sundae party for your 5-year-old at OddFellows
$450 for 25 people (Adults may prefer the post-close BYOB boozy-milkshake fête, from $575); oddfellowsnyc.com
13. Rent a mechanical bull for a 70-person party in the soon-to-be winterized yard at Threes Brewing.
From $36 per person; threesbrewing.com
14. A catered 100-person dinner among out-of-print Proust in the Strand’s Rare-Book Room.
From $3,000; strandbooks.com
15. A spooky birthday party for 65 friends below the Morbid Anatomy Museum catered by Runner & Stone.
From $100 per hour; morbidanatomymuseum.org
16. Reserve a table at Angelo Ruggiero’s dinner show at Forlini’s—he’ll sing Tony Bennett.
$48 per person for four courses, plus a $10 cover charge; forlinisnyc.com
17. A jarritos-and-burritos lunch in the festive backyard of Boerum Hill’s Fast & Fresh Burrito Deli .
Burritos from $6.50; 718-802-1661
18. A whole-beast feast (hog, lamb, or rib-eye roast) paired with unlimited craft beer ($25 per person) at DBGB.
The hog $550, feeds 12; dbgb.com
19. Ice-skating & grilled cheese in a private party room at Lakeside in Prospect Park.
From $425; lakesidebrooklyn.com
20. All-you-can-eat crab for 12 friends at Clemente’s Maryland Crab House in Sheepshead Bay.
From $35 per person. clementescrabhouse.com
21. Play vintage board games and sip cocktails with 40 friends in the reservable game room at Porchlight.
From $24 per person per hour; porchlightbar.com
22. Let your guests grab their own Burgers & Coney Dogs and claim an Annabelle Selldorf-designed beer-hall table at Berg’n.
23. Have a picnic with $8 plates of Puerto Rican lechón (roast pork) from Lechonera La Piraña’s Bronx-based food truck (there’s a playground with benches around the corner).
24. A Prix fixe private party at El Quijote, which is just as antiquated, weird, and wonderful as ever.
$50 per person; elquijoterestaurant.com
25. Throw a ten-person roast-chicken lunch at Rotisserie Georgette’s chef’s table.
From $65 per person; rotisserieg.com
26. Catch a belly-dancing show alongside a grilled-lamb platter at Turkuaz Fridays & Saturdays.
Entrées from $16; turkuazrestaurant.com
27. BYO margaritas on the party bus La Chiva Loca—the driver will take you to Jackson Heights Colombian restaurant Boulevard and then drive you barhopping.
From $50 per person, 30-person minimum; 347-494-3696