Chipotle’s guacamole may add a few bucks — not to mention several hundred calories — to that burrito, but it sure tastes good. Thankfully, it’s now possible to make it at home: Just in time for Cinco de Mayo, the chain has posted its official recipe.
Here what goes in, along with the seven steps involved:
This Is All You’ll Need:
2 ripe Hass avocados (In the restaurant, we use 48 per batch, multiple times per day)
2 tsp lime juice
2 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
1/2 jalapeño, including seeds (finely chopped)
1/4 tsp kosher salt
How to Do It:
1. Choose the right avocado. It should feel squishy yet firm (like the palm of your hand), and be a nice dark green color on the inside.
2. Cut the avocado in half and the remove the pit (carefully!)
3. Scoop the avocados and place in a medium bowl.
4. Toss and coat with lime juice.
5. Add the salt and using a fork or potato masher, mash until a smooth consistency is achieved.
6. Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
7. Taste the guacamole (over and over) and adjust seasoning if necessary.