While food that’s “gone bad” is in the eye of the beholder these days, the body does have its limits, and an Italian grandmother has found one of them. The poor 77-year-old, identified as just “Mrs. Rosetta,” ended up in the ER alongside her son, her two grandchildren, and one of their friends because she served the whole group hot chocolate that she bought prior to the fall of the Berlin Wall, which expired in 1990.
She confessed to the local paper that it was even worse, because she’d bought the hot chocolate packets in the 1980s. As if this incident weren’t horrible enough, The Independent reports that grandma could get charged with a crime.