It’s not as if anyone needs a reason to eat more food on Thanksgiving, but since it overlaps with the beginning of Hanukkah this year, that’s exactly what’s going to happen. Gorging oneself, though, doesn’t necessarily mean more cooking: New York restaurants are happy to cater to this once-every-70,000-years holiday overlap. With that in mind, Grub Street has you covered: We’ve rounded up the best takeout options from all over the city to ensure maximum gluttony with minimal effort — the best of both worlds. (Note that not all picks adhere to Jewish dietary laws, so mix-and-match based on what you’re looking for!*)
The Bird: Marlow & Daughters’ “white and bronze” turkeys — birds are raised on local, upstate farms, and put on a strict vegetarian diet ($8.05 per pound).
Ordering Deadline: No set deadline; order online.
• Hill Country’s Texas-toast stuffing ($17).
Ordering Deadline: November 22; call 646-380-5878.
• Taquitoria’s latke taquitos with apple sauce and sour cream, or deep-fried turkey-and-Brussels-sprout taquitos with cranberry sauce and gravy (three for $5, five for $8).
Ordering Deadline: Available on November 27 from 12 p.m. until 2 a.m.
• The Meatball Shop’s “Gobble Gobble” turkey meatballs, with garlic croutons, cranberries, and sage ($7 for four balls).
Ordering Deadline: No set deadline; call any of the five locations.
• Zucker Bakery’s pumpkin-flavored doughnuts stuffed with turkey and cranberry sauce ($5 each).
Ordering Deadline: No set deadline, but it’s recommended that you preorder four to five days before your desired pickup.
• Joe & Misses Dough’s deep-fried matzo sheets ($4).
Ordering Deadline: Order at least one day in advance; call 212-780-0262.
• Jack’s Wife Freda’s potato latkes with cranberry chutney ($5).
Ordering Deadline: No set deadline; call 212-510-8550.
• Clinton Street Baking Co.’s mini jalapeño-cornbread loaves ($13 for a dozen).
Ordering Deadline: November 26 at noon; call (646) 602-6263.
• Bklyn Larder’s barley-and-pumpkin soup ($15 per quart).
Ordering Deadline: November 22; call 718-783-1250.
… And the Dessert:
• Breads Bakery’s Nutella-rolled rugelach ($36 for 24).
Ordering Deadline: It’s recommended that you order by November 22; call 212-633-2253.
• Four & Twenty Blackbirds’ salty-honey pie ($38).
Ordering Deadline: Preorder here (no set deadline, but the sooner, the better). Or take your chances and go to the bakery on November 26, 27, or 28 — a limited number of pies will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis.
• Bien Cuit’s pumpkin pie with toasted meringue, crushed pumpkin seeds, and a bourbon-butterscotch glaze ($35).
Ordering Deadline: November 25; call 718-852-0200.
• A.B. Biagi’s Hanukkah-gelt gelato: a vanilla base with golden chocolate coins ($14 per pint).
Ordering Deadline: Order at least one day in advance; call 212-219-8094.
• Victory Garden’s goat’s-milk-based pumpkin-spice soft-serve ($12 for a pint).
Ordering Deadline: No set deadline; call (212) 206-7273.
• Blue Ribbon Bakery Market’s cinnamon-sugar matzo crackers ($2 each).
Ordering Deadline: No set deadline; call 212-647-0408.
• William Greenberg’s sweet-potato- and pumpkin-flavored black & white cookies ($3.50 each).
Ordering Deadline: No set deadline; call 212-862-1340.
*This post has been corrected to clarify that not all items are kosher.