It’s a Weekend Full of Stuff! Here’s some of it, starting with: the Green City Market goes indoors this Saturday at the Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum. Yes, it will be apples and squash everywhere, but there are other surprises if you look around; we got Asian pears, a pawpaw and even some fresh raspberries last weekend. Who knows what this weekend may bring? (They also note that the city is now charging for the formerly free lot across the street.)
• DIFFA/Chicago (Design Industries Foundation Fighting Aids) teams up with La Crema wines this Saturday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. for a gala tasting featuring wines, vodka from Effen and Stella beers, as well as food from a ton of good restaurants (Spiaggia, Province, Piccolo Sogno Due, Saigon Sisters and many more) to benefit AIDS/HIV support agencies in the Chicago area. Tickets are $40 in advance, $50 at the door; go here for more information.
• BellyQ’s to-go side, BQ2GO, is celebrating the election (that’s coming up? had no idea) by offering free wings with lunch purchase through Saturday. You get your choice of Two Left Wings with tangy yuzu-cumin BBQ sauce, or Two Right Wings with Spicy Hoisin BBQ sauce. They also launched their lunch menu yesterday.
• Moe’s Cantina is doing up Day of the Dead tonight with Dia de los Muertos decor and a variety of Mexi-flavored specials at both locations.
• The Southern, on the other hand, is celebating New Orleans with a new Friday beer special of $3 Abitas, starting tonight. It includes all five varieties on hand and kicks off with a party tonight at 5 p.m.
• Chicago Food Snob blogger Joe Campagna, a reformed restaurant staffer himself, will be Barcito’s Amigo de Pintxo on Monday, which means he’ll be whipping up small bites, with part of the proceeds going to Common Threads. It’s from 8 to 10 p.m. and $25 gets you unlimited pintxos.