Tiffani Faison’s Kenmore Square barbecue parlor, Sweet Cheeks, is scheduled to open for dinner on November 11. Cool factor of an 11-11-11 opening date aside, Faison was kind enough to share a few more fun factoids about her new restaurant before the big debut.
10. You could be eating your dinner on a bowling lane or a church door. (Some of the tables are actually old wooden bowling lanes or old wooden doors from a church.)
9. All of our beef is “Never Ever”: No hormones, no antibiotics in the life of the animal. Ever.
8. We don’t have plates.
7. We make different flavors of fluff to match the season.
6. We have three custom wood-aged corn whiskey from Berkshire Mountain Distilleries.
5. We smoke with oak and maple, not mixed woods.
4. Our soon-to-come late-night menu will have an item called “Fat Kid’s Dream.” (FYI, that’s mac ‘n cheese with burnt ends.)
3. We don’t have glasses. We have jars.
2. We’re equally obsessed with Dolly Parton, Biggie, and Jerry Douglass.
1. Our smoker’s name is Tootsie, and she weighs 4700 pounds. We have no intention of ever putting her on a diet.