In our final press release dump carefully curated selection of Thanksgiving day specials around town, we focus on things off the beaten path— different flavors on the menu, different places to go for Turkey Day, things that are just… different. You know, different.
• e.Leaven Food Company will have the traditional (whole organic free range) turkey, vegetable stuffing and mashed potatoes sold by the pound or for $25/person, but they’ll also go international with dishes such as Creamy Peruvian Corn with Manchego cheese, challah rolls, and Portuguese Linguiza Stuffing. Finish it up with a special on pie— two for $30.
• Mity Nice Grill in Water Tower will have a Thanksgiving buffet from noon to 7 p.m., with the usual suspects plus things for people who can’t stand the usual suspects, such as Rosemary Crusted Prime Rib and St. Louis Baby Back Ribs. It’s $40 for adults, $16 for kids 12 and under. You can also order Thanksgiving To Go either by the person or by the pan or half pan; orders must be placed 48 hours in advance.
• Trump Tower doing it bigger than anybody— who’d have thought it? There’s brunch at Sixteen at $125 for adults, $35 for kids 8 and younger, then there’s a separate dinner at $95 for a three-course menu or $125 for five courses (plus $60 for wine pairings). Or through Sunday you can order a to go dinner for pickup Thursday.
• SUSHISAMBA rio, Thanksgiving… yeah, now we’re talking serious alternative dinner, like “short rib gyoza with kabocha puree and mojo roasted organic turkey with linguica quinoa stuffing and crispy brussel sprouts.” Everything is ala carte, the regular menu will be offered too.
• And finally, what could be more of an alternative atmosphere than Longman & Eagle? Hipster alt-country flannel shirt Belgian beer one Michelin star Thanksgiving dinner in Logan Square, happening at 3 pm (though that looks sold out by now), 6 pm and 9 pm, with things like Piggy Brussel Sprouts, chestnut foie gras stuffing and Pommes Robuchon on the menu. Go here for prices and tickets.