We have stacks and stacks of Turkey Day stuff. We’re going through it and for the next few days we’ll lay it on you by category. Today, especially because a lot of these have deadlines, we’ll focus on baked goods for the big day, pumpkin pie and lots more, plus a couple of places that have baked stuff plus other ingredients for your own feast. The list begins below.
• Magnolia Bakery in Block 37 (at 108 N. State) will have traditional pumpkin pies as well as even more decadent treats such as a pumpkin spice Whoopie Pie. Go here to see the menu, but you should call the Chicago location directly at 312-346-7777.
• Bake Chicago, 2246 W. Chicago, is still taking Thanksgiving day orders through Monday for a range of pies (including Maple Pumpkin Pie with Graham Cracker Crust and Pear Cranberry Pie with Streussel Top) and cakes (three words: Nutella Malt Cake).
• Joe’s Stone Crab (60 E. Grand) will be selling all their pies, including the very un-Novembery Key Lime Pie, and for every one they sell through the end of 2011, they’ll give $1 to the Greater Chicago Food Depository.
• Door To Door Organics, which brings you CSA-like farm produce but lets you order as needed, will take your Thanksgiving orders for Gunthorp turkeys, organic vegetables and other holiday goods here.
• MM Trading Post, an offshoot of Ms. Mint which does gift baskets and events, will have all kinds of local farm-raised goods available, from whole turkeys to veggies to fresh pies, at its Happy Hour Markets at Burger Bar on Clybourn Monday and Wednesday evenings from 4 to 6:30 p.m. More information is here.
• And finally, if you just need a bird: go downhome with a smoked turkey from Lillie’s Q. $75 (cash only) gets you a $15 pound expertly smoked; orders must be placed by Tuesday the 22nd and you have just a 10 to 11 a.m. window to pick your bird up in.