It’s no laughing matter when our biggest local newspaper critic, Michael Bauer, gets sickened by food poisoning for only the second time in his career, and just a week later it happens to one of our Michelin inspectors too! Via Twitter, in response to an envious comment from a fan, one of them wrote, “The life of an inspector is not always so glam. Spent most of last night in the bathroom, sick from something I had at dinner.” No word on where the offending meal came from, but at least one of them was tweeting from Yountville that day. [MichelinGuideSF/Twitter]
Shh. It wasn’t pretty.