A fire last night at Francis Ford Coppola’s winery restaurant, Rustic - Francis’s Favorites, caused an evacuation of the restaurant just before 7 p.m. last night. The fire was ignited in the chimney of the open-flame grill that faces the dining room, which is fed by a mixture of wood and natural gas. Sprinklers went off, and this was kind of a close call for all the precious movie memorabilia that sits just a few dozen feet from the dining room. Apparently enough creosote has built up in that chimney in the first year of the grill’s operation to cause a chimney fire! That’s a lot of grilled meat, ladies and gentlemen. As Geyserville Fire Capt. Mack Montanye tells the Press-Democrat, the restaurant should be able to reopen tonight.
The entrance to the Coppola winery in Geyserville.