Temporary Closings

Fire Scare Temporarily Shuts Down The Dandelion

The Dandelion's
The Dandelion’s “Dog Room,” which sustained moderate damge today. Photo: Starr Restaurants

Earlier today, Foobooz sounded the alarm that fire had struck Stephen Starr’s still new Dandelion. According to the post, the fire department was on the scene and appeared to be working in the pub’s second floor “Dog Room.” Accompanying photos showed pieces of the Shawn Hausman designed space scattered on the sidewalk. Grub Street caught up with Ashley Primis, Director of Special Projects for Starr Restaurants, and learned that the scare was the result of smoldering embers in the first floor fireplace that filled the space with smoke.

The Dandelion suffered moderate damage, because the fire department had to get under the floorboards, Primis told us. “All is good and safe now,” she added. “We are in the process of getting the space cleaned up.”

That means The dandelion is closed for lunch today, but will most likely be open by 5pm.
Fire at the Dandelion [Foobooz]

Fire Scare Temporarily Shuts Down The Dandelion