The 6th Annual Bucktown Apple Pie Contest is taking place this Sunday at Holstein Park, and Gale Gand of Tru will be on hand to help pick the winner. Think you have what it takes to please a seasoned restaurant veteran? Well, you can still enter the contest by registering here, but be sure to check out all the rules and regulations below before you do. Not so handy in the kitchen with all that flour? Just grab a fork and indulge in the fruits of everyone else’s labor. It’s really hard to leave this contest still hungry.
Once again, the competition will support The Friends of Holstein Park.
1.The Contest is open to anyone wishing to bake an APPLE PIE.
2.Only Double Crust Apple Pies will be accepted, no Crumbles, Crisps, Betty’s or Pan Dowdy’s allowed. Official Bucktown Apple Pie Contest judge’s ruling as to eligibility will be final.
3. Pie MUST be checked in by 11:00 a.m. on contest day (10/10/10)
4. No other fruits may be added (juices OK).
5. Pies that need special handling, refrigeration or heating elements are not allowed.**new for 2010
6. The finished pie cannot contain raw/uncooked eggs (white or yokes). Egg must reach 160 degrees to be considered cooked. Official Bucktown Apple Pie Contest judge’s ruling as to eligibility will be final.
7. We recommend that pies are baked in disposable pans only, as pans will not be returned.
8. Pies will be scored on Appearance, Crust, Filling and Overall Flavor/Taste.
9. 1st, 2nd, & 3rd Place Winners will receive prizes (TDB). Top Five Winners will receive ribbons.
10. If you wish to bake a pie and not have it judged we will be happy to accept it and sell it by the slice to raise money for Holstein Park.
11. Following judging, the pies will be sold to the crowd. All proceeds will go to the Friends of Holstein Park.