About a week after the Ed’s Lobster Bar kiosk opened, the World Financial Center got a couple of other waterside vendors, Harry’s Italian and Quality Burger. Here’s the icing on the cake: We’re told that next week, the plaza will get a Greenmarket that will be open from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. every Thursday, July through November. It’s located at Two World Financial Center (225 Liberty Street at South End Avenue), and the rundown of participating farmers is below.
- Migliorelli Farm, Tivoli, NY (fruits and vegetables)
- Meredith’s Bakery, Kingston, NY (fresh bread and baked goods)
- Red Jacket Orchard, Geneva, NY (fruit, juices and assorted
- Binder Farm, Suffolk County, NY (homegrown plants and flowers)
- Beth’s Family Farm, Stuyvesant Falls, NY (jams and preserves)
- NY Wine & Grape Association
- Holten Farms, Westminister, VT (vegetables, fruit, maple syrup,
honey, eggs, baked goods and meat, including beef, turkey, pork, chicken and lamb)
- MK Orchid Farm, Orange County, NY (orchids and hydrangeas)
- Valley Shepherd, Long Valley, NJ (sheep, cow and goat cheese,
pasta, butter, yogurt and gelato)
- Lavender by the Bay, Marion, NY (fresh lavender and assorted
Meanwhile, across the bridge, Edible has news of a new farmers’ market in Bed-Stuy.