Philly Beer Week, which kicks off tonight, presents more than 1,000 beer-soaked activities that will take place across the city and its surrounding suburbs over the next ten days. They range from “Meet the Brewer” opportunities, to assorted beer tastings, to beer pairing brunches, lunches and dinners. Click through for more details on what’s going on this weekend.
• Hometown favorites, the good folks at Yards Brewing Co., unveil their limited release, Polish Smoked Wheat Beer, a smoky sipper that pairs perfectly with barbecued meats, at Percy Street Barbecue at 5 p.m.
• From 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., Misconduct Tavern hosts Ommegang Flight Night, which will feature specially priced flights of the acclaimed American-made Belgian beers from Cooperstown, N.Y.’s Ommegang Brewery.
• Philadelphia Brewing Company celebrates the release of its newest brew, Pennsylvania Pale Ale with a firkin that will be tapped at 7 p.m. at Doobies.
• Colorado’s Oskar Blues, who proved that good craft beer can come in a can, will take over the taps at Eulogy from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., with brewer Andrew Horne on hand.
• Devil’s Den hosts its 2nd Annual Maudite Midnight Madness at (duh) midnight.
• Start Saturday off with the Grey Lodge Pub’s third annual Wheat Beer Breakfast, starting at 10 a.m.
• Tour Philly’s five breweries by bicycle with the City Brewery Bike Tour, which starts at 11 a.m.
• Starting at 12 noon, Continental Restaurant & Martini Bar will present a Historical Beer Brunch with Yards Brewing Co.
• Ladies can enjoy Belgian Café’s 3rd Annual Ladies Beer High Tea at 2:30 p.m.
• From 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. Standard Tap will challenge beer drinkers to try and kick one of ten local kegs in order to crown this year’s Kingpin.
• Jose Pistolas gets into the spirit of the season with a Christmas Brunch with Santa Casey, starting at 11 a.m.
• Smoked beers and a barbecue competition will be the featured attractions at Yard’s 2nd annual Smoke ‘Em If Yous Got ‘Em, starting at 1 p.m.
• Johnny Brenda’s welcomes Harrisburg’s brothers Troegs at 3 p.m.
• McGillin’s Olde Ale House celebrates its 150th Anniversary with bag pipers, a team of 8 Budweiser Clydesdales and a creative black tie beef and beer.
• The Pub on Passyunk East (P.O.P.E.) presents Sing Your Life Karaoke and Michigan’s Bell’s Brewery at 9 p.m.