Michael Wei, the chef/owner of Yangming, the acclaimed Chinese restaurant in Bryn Mawr, will cook at the James Beard House in New York on January 21, along with a team of chefs from his five restaurants. For those who can’t make it to the $165-per-head dinner, Wei will offer the same meal as Yangming’s Chinese New Year banquet, starting February 11 and running through March 20. Click through for details and the five-course menu.
• Pan-Seared Dayboat Scallop and Maine Lobster Risotto with Julienned Snow Peas,
Bull’s Blood Microgreens, and Winter Mushroom Ragoût
• Dill and Pine Nut-Crusted Roast Japanese Black Cod with Kimchi-Striped Bass Cake,
Chinese Broccoli Tips, and a Saffron, Pine Nut, and Chardonnay Sauce
• Tea-Smoked Squab with Duck Foie Gras-Citrus Sausage, Roasted Kabocha Salad,
Spiced Cashews, and Kumquats
• Pan-Seared Filet Mignon with Panko-Crusted Yukon Gold Potato Cake,
Baby Zucchini, Sunburst Squash and wild Japanese Mushrooms
in a Cabernet, Thyme and Peppercorn Reduction
• Valrhona White Chocolate Torte with Yuzu Curd and Green Tea Mousse
For parties of four or more, the menu is $49.99 per person, excluding tax and tip. For parties of two or three, the menu is $55.95 per person, excluding tax and tip.
Yangming, 1051 Conestoga Rd., Bryn Mawr; (610) 527-3200