It’s nearly time to sit down and tuck into a big helping of delicious tryptophan with a side of family tension. In other words, Thanksgiving dinner! What will you do after the turkey trauma and family drama has passed? Grub Street will be taking a four-day snooze, but we leave you with this useful jumble of drink specials, food truck sighting and nacho crawling to help get you through the long weekend. We’ll see you back here Monday morning. Read on for details.
Thanksgiving, before and after the turkey:
• Green Aisle Grocery will be open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Thanksgiving for last minute shopping.
• The POPE will be open on Thanksgiving night, starting at 7 p.m., serving a limited holiday menu and one bazillion craft beers to help wash away the turkey trauma and family drama. [POPE]
• Resurrection Ale House is having its own version of a Black Friday sale. They’ll serve brunch from noon to 3 p.m. and $4 draft beers all day and night. [Resurrection Ale House]
• The Hub Bub coffee truck will be parked outside of Pub & Kitchen on Saturday, November 28 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., serving Stumptown coffee and Pub & Kitchen’s Rice Krispy treats (which, interestingly, you cannot get at Pub & Kitchen).
• Sign up for the Philly Nacho Crawl, wherein nachos from various South Philly spots will be taste-tested. $10, RSVP necessary. [Nachos NY]
• 10 Arts kicks off a holiday hot chocolate and cupcake special. Homemade chocolate topped with either whipped cream or toasted marshmallow, plus a chocolate caramel or gingerbread cupcake for $14.
• Philadelphia Brewing Company will host their annual holiday open house from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. There will be food, music and, of course, beer. Entry is free, but donation to Flatiron Wildcats suggested. [PBC]