Yesterday, we offered suggestions of where to watch the Phillies play the Rockies if you couldn’t make it to the ballpark. For today’s game, we’ve added to the list of bars offering special deals where you can play hooky, root for the Phils and drink beer at a discount.
• South Philadelphia Tap Room will offer half price local drafts during the game.
• $3 cans of Sly Fox Pilsner or Pale Ale, $3 bottle of Ithaca Apricot Wheat and $3.50 pints of Yards at Jose Pistola’s throughout the game.
• Varga Bar will have $4 drafts of Climax ESB, Troegs Dead Reckoning Porter, Flying Fish OktoberFish and Flying Fish Hot HopFish, $5 margaritas and hard strawberry lemonades, plus $6 shots of El Mayor tequila.
• Sidecar will open early at 2:30 p.m. and offer their usual happy hour specials - $1 off all drafts, $2.50 for High Life and well drinks, $3.50 for call drinks plus half price carnitas, nachos and chicken fingers - from 2:30 to 7 p.m.
• Bridgid’s in Fairmount is serving half-price drafts during the game.
• McGillins will serve a Phanatic Pheckin Bomb, which involves combining a shot of Apple Pucker, three-quarters of a shot of Feckin Irish Whiskey and then dropping that into three-quarters of a pint of Original Sin Apple Cider. We wouldn’t normally recommend drinking Apple Pucker, but there are exceptions to every rule and another trip to the World Series is one of the exceptions. 1310 Drury St.; (215) 735-5562
Know a good deal during the game? Let us know and we’ll keep adding to the list.