In case you’ve been spelunking on Mars for the past month, you are probably already aware that tonight is Game 1 of the World Series. Pretty much every place in town is hauling in a TV, running a special or somehow getting into the anti-Yankees spirit. For those of you who haven’t hopped on the Bolt bus north to get a free cheesesteak subsidized by your tax dollars, here are some suggestions for places to go before and during the game.
• At Tria’s Wash West location from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Weyerbacher’s Imperial Pumpkin Ale ($4 / 13 oz) will be on draft and bottles of Harvest Ale ($4 / 12 oz) will be served at special prices. Brewer Dan Hitchcock will be there as well from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. [Tria]
• Oyster House and Standard Tap are both hosting launch parties for the debut of Flying Fish’s Exit 1 Bayshore Oyster Stout. [Grub Street]
During the game:
• Oyster House has brought a TV into the bar so patrons can watch the game. In addition to the aforementioned Exit 1 party, they’ll be running a buck-a-shuck oyster deal, $3 oyster shooters and a $3 draft beer during the game.
• Barclay Prime has become the first Starr restaurant to break down and haul in a TV for the series.
• PYT has created a special World Fucking Champions burger which involves venison, foie gras and a sparkler and costs $25. Meal Ticket has a photo. There are also free pickleback shots every time the Phils score a home run. [Facebook]