He’s passed his health department inspection and gotten his food license, now all chef-owner Mike Stollenwerk is waiting on to open his new restaurant Fish is a liquor license. If the PLCB moves quickly enough, he’ll be open by October 5 October 12. Stollenwerk gave us a quick tour of the new space and some details on the specialty cocktail menu; which will be very concise and includes classics with a twist. Check out the photo gallery to see more details about the space - including candle holders made of Himalayan salt. The cocktail list is after the jump. Read our previous coverage, along with the menu, here.
All drinks will be made with fresh juices, squeezed by hand, says Stollenwerk
• Spanish 75: a French 75 (gin, lemon juice, simple syrup), made with Spanish cava rather than champagne and served in a champagne flute.
• “Bardstown” Old Fashioned: the classic recipe made with Old Bardstown Bourbon.
• “Marie Duffau” Sidecar: Marie Duffau armagnac, Cointreau, lemon juice, superfine sugar served in a coupe.
• Negroni “San Francisco”: a twist on a Negroni, made with Junipero gin, Pimms and Carpano Antica sweet vermouth.
• Pimms Cup: a straightforward version of the classic, prepared with Pimms, ginger ale, mint and cucumber.
Fish, 1708 Lombard St.