Keeping in line with our official fall trend of $20 and under menus, Jose Garces’s West Philly outpost Distrito revealed last week that they are revamping the first floor of the bi-level restaurant into an extremely wallet-friendly spot with a different menu and different hours than the second floor. The Cantina at Distrito (the official name) will debut on Monday, August 31 and we have more details on what you might be able to eat on the menu, which tops out at $10, plus highlights from the list of specialty cocktails, priced from $3 to $6. Tequila and Red Bull shooters, anyone?
• Traditional guacamole, available in two sizes
• Variety of enchiladas, such as Enchilada de Cangrejo with jumbo lump crab, poblano peppers, roasted corn and salsa verde
• Mission-style quesadillas, available with fillings that range from queso mixto to grilled chicken to skirt steak
• Tacos al carbon, stuffed with hanger steak, pulled pork, portabella or tongue, among others
• Esquites, sweet corn with queso fresco, chipotle and lime
New cocktails, which will run from $3 to $6:
• Cantina Margarita;
• Evil Ways, grape vodka and lime
• Jugando Tea, sweet tea, vodka and passion fruit
• Assortment of shooters, including the Bazooka with Red Bull and tequila, and the White Widow, tequila, melon liquor and horchata
Hours: 3 pm until close, seven days a week.
Distrito, 3945 Chestnut St.; (215) 222-1657