An early morning fire gutted the kitchen at Chow Church today, hurting no one but forcing the restaurant to close for the foreseeable future. “Our kitchen is completely gutted… We’ve got holes in the wall and holes in the ceiling,” Chow executive Andi Conte told us on the phone today. Nobody was at the store when the fire broke out in the flue, and the cause is still a mystery. Fire department spokeswoman Mindy Talmadge said the call came into the department at 6:01 a.m. and firefighters had the blaze under control by 6:25 a.m. “We’ll go gangbusters to get this place reopened but we’re going to be down for at least a couple of weeks,” Conte said.
Photo: Via Chow