Tonight marks the inaugural Blue Crab Fest at Oyster House. Every Tuesday through August, they’ll be offering a platter of three jumbo hard shell blue crabs, coleslaw and corn on the cob for $19. Meanwhile, over in Northern Liberties, a boozy battle will be taking place among the city’s top bartenders. Is your favorite barkeep a contender?
Silk City will host the ROOT cocktail competition from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. either in the magical beer garden or, if it rains, inside. Notable barkeeps will prepare a cocktail using ROOT, the new root-based liquor from Art in the Age, and a panel of judges including Foobooz Art and Southwark’s George Costa will decide the winner.
Entrance to the event is free if you RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. There will also be free hors d’oeuvres and $5 ROOT specialty cocktails. The list of competitors:
• Colin Shearn, Franklin Mortgage & Investment Co
• Doug Fitz, Snackbar
• Indhira Torres, Silk City
• Christian Gaal, Noble American Cookery
• Andres Sanchez, Positano Coast
• Katie Loeb, Oyster House
• Adrian Cane, London Grill
• Robert Cutler, Chris’ Jazz Café
• Dave Marks, N. 3rd
• Stan Butovetskiy, P.Y.T.
• Stephen Siebert, Village Whiskey