• Peet’s Coffee & Tea Inc. posted a profit in the second quarter of the year, and struck a deal with Godiva to sell their coffee in stores. [SF Business Times]
• Dynamo Donuts’ fryer broke. Where will missionites go for their maple/bacon fix now? [Mission Mission]
• In the town that invented cioppino, finding the best bowl can be a tricky proposition. [Between Meals/SF Gate]
• All the food seen in Julie & Julia is real, which posed challenges (including deboning 60 ducks!) for the food stylists. [NYT]
• Scientists have found that the dye in blue M&Ms; can help mend spinal injuries. [Telegraph]
• MillerCoors has begun testing $20 draft beer systems for drinking at home. [WSJ]
• Top Chef fans, rest easy! Padma Lakshmi will be staying on as host and only occasionally appearing on her new sitcom. [Fork in the Road/VV]
Previously: Padma’s New Sitcom: The Pilot Revealed!