We’re signing off early for the holiday weekend, and will be out Monday for the same reason. Happy Labor Day, everybody. We’ll be back with you Tuesday, May 26.
• Don’t forget, this Sunday is Food Not Bombs’ Soupstock. No Fugazi this year, but hometown heroes Shotwell are a must-see. Also, free vegan food.
• If you also want to eat non-vegan food Sunday, you should check out the The Front Porch’s crawfish boil. From 1 p.m. to sundown (what, about 8:30 p.m.? 9?), they’re serving crawfish, homemade sausage, and corn, for $20.
• Get your tickets now for the Dine About Town launch party next Thursday, May 28, in the Macy’s cellar. Your $20 gets you food and drink samples and the chance to meet some of the chefs who will be cooking this year’s fare.
• For those who really want to learn their wines, Fifth Floor is offering a day-long sommelier class from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday. For $250, you, too, can be a wine expert in a day.
• Have we mentioned Palio d’Asti’s happy hour with free pizza? If not, well, that’s what it is: From 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., get a free pie when you order two drinks.
[Photo: Via e.t/flickr]