Hankering for some beef and not sure where to get it? There are still a few seats left for tonight’s Whole Cow Dinner at Eve — chef Tony Graves brought in a whole Black Angus cow from Mize Family Farm, a small farm located in southern Illinois that’s been in continuous operation since 1854.
Along with a speaker on hand at the restaurant who will talk about the benefits of whole-animal butchery, sustainability and other fun stuff, there’s the menu. Graves twittered his thought process, and tonight will be serving:
• Yuzu-marinated short loin with asparagus terrine and miso-maple sauce
• Bulgogi braised tongue with young radish and onion kim chee
• Oxtail consommé with grilled ramps and rock shrimp potstickers
• House-cured bresaola, white asparagus salad with buttered lobster, Grana Padano and poached egg
• Green curry shepherd’s pie with goat cheese potato puree and spring vegetables
• Strawberry shortcake with rhubarb chutney and white chocolate ice cream
The five-course dinner costs $65, with wine pairings available for an additional $25. Call (312) 266-3383 for reservations.