Cue up “Sweet Caroline” and “Dirty Water”: tomorrow is Red Sox Opening Day. The game starts at 2:05 and whether you want an early lunch beforehand or to grab some food in the park, we’ve got your eating needs covered.
Inside The Park
• The Bleacher Bar is going to be beyond mobbed, but if you don’t mind the high probability of getting a beer spilled on you, it’s worth it for the energy and the corned beef sandwich.
• The big Fenway food news of the year is the new, (hopefully) improved Fenway Frank, made by a local company (Chelsea’s Kayem Foods) for the first time in almost twenty years. Find out where in Fenway to pick one up (and where to find everything from Cuban sandwiches to turkey wraps) with the helpful chart on Fenway’s official site.
Outside The Park
• Church just added lunch. A black bean burger with salsa, guac, and pepper jack cheese will hold you through the ninth inning.
• Game On! will be crowded, chaotic, and drunken. In other words: perfect.
• Lunch at Petit Robert Bistro, where reservations are still available, is a more civilized way to spend Opening Day, but you can still stay in the spirit of the day by ordering their cheese-topped Parisian hot dog.