Here’s your morning cup of San Francisco Chronicle Food Section, hot off the press. Wake up!
• We get a big feature on that long-time holiday favorite: Cured meats. [Singing Salumi’s Praises]
• Your input requested on your favorite wine bargains for the holidays. [Calling all wine cheapskates]
• Marlena Spieler shares her Frakfurt-philia, as well as a recipe for a German party dip. [Falling for Frankfurt and potatoes all over again]
• Food Section staffers name-drop their favorite cookbooks, not of the year, but ever. [Chronicle Food staffers pick their go-to books]
• SSpruce hits one out of the park on Michael Bauer’s 3.5-star return. [Dining Update: A year later, Spruce has found its groove]