Love to eat or make cupcakes? Well, even though Web 2.0 companies may be seeing some rough times in the wake of the recession, CupcakeCamp is back this Sunday from 2 p.m. to 5p.m. at the Get Satisfaction offices in South Park. We’ve done a lot of cupcake coverage here at Menupages and think this sounds like an equally yummy event for bakers AND cupcake lovers alike.
Here’s the low-down from the folks running Cupcake Camp so you know what to expect:
How CupcakeCamp Works
1. No limit on how many cupcakes you can bring!
2. You need to have your cupcakes (how much and what type) registered by Friday, December 5 at Noon -otherwise we will have to do the unthinkable and reject your precious cupcakes (o noes!)
3. People bringing cupcakes should bring them to Get Satisfaction by 1:30pm the day of (if possible)
4. In true BarCamp style, we will have twelve 15 min. timeslot schedules for tasting different types of cupcakes. The schedule will be posted the day of.
5. Be prepared to take leftover cupcakes home. Ariel, Lynn, Marianne and Cindy can take *some* of your cupcakes off your hands and distribute them amongst our friendly Web 2.0 companies the next day (Get Satisfaction, Twitter, Pownce, Justin.tv, Adaptive Path, etc.).
6. Share your recipes! Request access to the CupcakeCamp PBwiki to share your cupcake recipes with other cupcake lovers.
7. We will have a Best in show competition! Judges will be Lynn, Marianne and Ariel. Categories for best in show: Best Holiday Cupcake, Best Decorated, and Most Unique Ingredients (try to be more creative than just chocolate (we <3 chocolate, but we want other types as well!))
Now, it seems that you have to register to attend the event even if you’re planning on just buying cupcakes, but you also have to register if you plan to make them for the event. You can do that here.
CupcakeCamp [Official Site]
[Photo of CupcakeCamp 1 via Flickr/Shannon_Clark]