A much-belated Review Revue, encompassing the past couple of days! Wahoo!
• Alan Lake for Drive Thru really doesn’t likeEve, and he should know — he’s a chef.
• KingT goes in for the dry-aged burger at David Burke’s Primehouse, which is worth it when it’s on special for $5, not so much when full-priced at $15.
• Stacy at Chicago Foodies fails to understand why the menus at BRAVO! Cucina Italiana in Evanston advertise that they use Barilla pasta. That shiz is available at a Jewel-Osco new you — why pay for it at a restaurant?
• Mike Gebert continues his quest to find underreported culinary gems over at Sky Full of Bacon with a taco twofer: Taqueria LP Express and Kiki D’s. Good at the former, good (but existentially questioned) at the latter.
• Consumatron had a muffin, and that muffin was from LavAzza, and that muffin was a failure.
• Nagrant never sleeps; instead, he waxes nostalgic for Serious Eats about his Detroit childhood while visiting Steve’s Deli for some Vernors.
• Tweating Out is out to destroy us, with seven reviews from just today. One: Decent meal to be had at Thai Urban Kitchen.
Two: Eleven City Diner is worth the trip for some solid comfort food.
Three: Berry Chill is delicious.
Four: Hipster barbecue at Fat Willy’s Rib Shack. Better than it sounds.
Five: Hamburger Mary’s is “A TGIFridays for the LGTB crowd.” That is cracking us up.
Six: Unpretentious, alcoholic brunch at Caffe de Luca.
Seven: Your mind will be freaking blown by the food at Huaraches Dona Chio, which will make everything else you have ever eaten taste like crap in comparison.