In part two of An Alinea Thanksgiving, Grant and Nick make stuffing while the dismembered turkey sous vides in the background.
- Grant doesn’t know what a crockpot is. (1:11)
- We totally own that OXO measuring cup! (1:28)
- Is it our imagination, or does Grant have one more undone button on his shirt in this episode than he did in the first one?
- Nick and Grant both like their stuffing “floaty.”
- Hey we totally also have those Ziploc freezer bags, but we are sort of less excited about that.
- “One pot cooking!” - Grant (3:55)
- The breakfast wine from Part One is completely untouched. Foul!
- Grant doesn’t use tongs! We are not sure if we want to be like Grant, and also not use tongs, or if we want to keep our fingerprints from searing off.
- Grant suggests sauteeing sliced stuffing, which makes us think of scrapple.
- Stars: They’re Just Like Us! Grant also always confuses baking powder and baking soda.
- The secret ingredient in Grant’s pumpkin pie: Bourbon. Deep-fried alcohol!
- There is some flashing digital thingaroo on Nick’s stove’s hood, and it is freaking us out. (continuous)
The recipes for the sous vide turkey, the stuffing-in-a-bag, and the flaming pumpkin pie lollipops are available on Alinea Mosaic, but we can barely figure out how to use the website so we have no idea how to find the recipes.
Achatz ThanksGiving Part 2 [YouTube]