Welcome to your coffee-time round up of the San Francisco Chronicle’s food section. Enjoy it while it’s hot!
• As the weather thinks about turning chilly, Amanda Gold explores the complementary world of the food chili. [From vegetarian to double beef, one simple method produces countless chilis]
• Michael Bauer echoes a lot of our user-reviewers in complaining about erratic service in a mostly empty restaurant. [Food outshines service at Cetrella]
• We learn about the eclectic at-home menu of Aperto chef Chris Shepherd. [Chef’s night in]
• Amanda Gold gives us a more in-depth look at the latest Michelin Guide than did those clowns at MPSF. [2009 Michelin guide: Stars rise and fall]
• And a new executive chef at E & O Trading Co, more changes in the works at Orson, and a food-themed bookstore heads for Noe Valley. [Inside Scoop]