Michelin releases its 2009 list of starred restaurants at 10 a.m. today, and Eater has gotten its hands on an early copy of the book. As expected, the list of starred restaurants is more or less the same as last year’s, with a few intriguing changes.
* Ko debuts with an impressive two stars
* Masa makes the jump to three stars.
* Adour gets an honorable two stars — still one less than its three-star predecessor, Alain Ducasse at the Essex House.
* Jean-Georges sees his eponymous restaurant hold its three stars but loses one at Vong.
* Gilt goes from one star to two, presumably thanks to its new chef Chris Lee.
* Danny Meyer takes a hit: The Modern, formerly two stars, loses a star [Correction: The Modern got one star last year, and gets the same this year]; Gramercy Tavern stays, disappointingly, at one.
* Country and Devi lose their one star.
* The following join the ranks with one star: Allen & Delancey, 81, Fiamma, Insieme, Public, and Kurumazushi.
The full list, per Eater:
Allen & Delancey
Fleur de Sel
Gotham Bar and Grill
Sushi of Gari