Here’s your Friday roundup of the San Francisco Chronicle’s wine section. Just in time for happy hour.
• It’s grape harvest time, which means parties, festivals, and just gallons of wine. The Chron’s got a pretty extensive list of the hot spots. [Harvest Some Fun]
• Selections sticks around Sonoma County to sample the Sauvingon. [Sonoma County Cabernet Sauvingon]
• And Pairings puts up an open-faced Philly cheese-steak sandwich to match. [Great Cab Fare]
• The Cheese Course gets on the other side of an American Cheese Society third-place winning sheep’s milk cheese from Wisconsin’s Carr Valley Cheese Co. [Cave-aged sheep’s wheel a cheesemaker’s favorite]
• And finally, Spirits looks at the trend of big-shot bartenders going to work as “ambassadors” for liquor brands. [Bay Area’s best mixologists leaving bars for brands]