Sun Wah BBQ is a widely-acknowledged gem of the Chicago food scene. It makes regular appearances on best-of lists, roundups, recommendation threads, and Sky Full of Bacon. But what if you just want a simple how-to? Enter MenuPages reviewer “edgewater eater”:
No doubt that this is a very special place. Let me give you a few hints for real enjoyment:
- Come in a small group (about 6) so you can rate a round table with a lazy susan in the middle so you can spin to what you want.
- Eat family style so you can get lots of tastes.
- Ask if the owner Eric is there. If he is, ask him to help you order. He might have some specials you might not have thought to order.
- Have a Chinese beer with your meal.
- Order one less entree than number of people. The servings are generous. Their noodles are made on site.
Consider yourself prepared, Chicagoland eaters.
Sun Wah BBQ [MenuPages]
[Photo of Sun Wah’s goods via mjkmjk’s Flickr]