For those planning a summer trip to Texas, Texas Monthly just produced an all-barbecue issue. Included:
• A look at Texas’ best barbecue restaurant.
• Barbecue’s “holy of holies.”
• A barbecue joint that specializes in forearm-sized beef ribs.
• Texas’ top fifty barbecue restaurants, including one that specializes in “hog wings.” As they put it, “the delectable hickory-smoked wing—actually a pork shank—looked like a juicy meat lollipop.”
• Lyle Lovett’s ode to barbecue sauce.
• A loving guide to barbecue pits.
• Texas style barbecue… in Manhattan?
Barbecue ‘08 [Texas Monthly]