• Don’t let the free-food giveaways end! Stop by Kosher Village and get a free falafel. [Gothamist]
Related: Kosher Village: We Feel Awful. Have a Free Falafel.
• The next time you reach for those Nacho Cheese Doritos, pair them with a glass a Pinot Gris. [Mouthing Off/Food & Wine]
• There are lots of food fests to hit up this weekend, including the Taste of Tribeca, Ninth Avenue International Food Fest, and Cuisine of Queens and Beyond. [Serious Eats]
• Tribeca’s Franklin Station Cafe is closing, another victim to the neighborhood’s ever-rising rents. [Downtown Express]
• Hill Country’s executive chef, Elizabeth Karmel, is writing a book on grilling that will come out in 2009. [NYDN]
• Top Chef’s Spike Mendelsohn points out that Puttanesca is technically “the sauce of a whore.” [Metromix NY]