This week’s Sun-Times is fresh, while the Tribune’s gone a bit stale.
• YouTube is the new cookbook. Recipe & technique videos all the rage [Sun-Times]
• And here are the three hottest feeds… [Sun-Times]
• Baby Boomers’s guide to healthy eating is same as everyone else’s [Tribune]
• March is Nutrition Month, and the government’s guidelines are duh [Tribune]
• Reminders: carbs, eggs, fat OK in moderation, and when unprocessed [Tribune]
HOT RIGHT NOW!
• Home-brewed beer, when you don’t suck at it [Sun-Times]
• Muscat varietals, because it’s not just sweet anymore [Tribune]
• Ethnic fried chicken, now rightly universal and all over Chicago [Sun-Times]
• Easter cakes shaped like freakin’ lambs! [Tribune]
• Ceviche, which you can make at home with a little acid [Sun-Times]
• Maple syrup, as tapped on the Northwest side in late March [Tribune]
• Pomelos, the pink grapefruits, are in season [Sun-Times]
[Photo: a 10” diameter, 4 lb. Floridian pomelo. Crazy! Sea Jewels]