As per usual, some of these places have been open for a year or more, but finally got around to releasing their menus to the general public, and some are opening tomorrow for breakfast.
• Demera, an Uptown Ethiopian spot
• Fajita Grill, an Uptown Mexican that’s BYO
• Fornetto & Mei’s Kitchen, a sibling of the Sino-Italian mainstay, has spawned in the South Loop
• Mercat a la Planxa, a South Loop Catalan extravaganza, opening tomorrow for breakfast (as promised)
• Nhu-Lan Bakery & Sandwiches, everyone’s favorite Lincoln Park banh mi shop
• The Slab, a barbecue joint on E 79th St.