Hump day, blah blah blah, we don’t have to try very hard to convince you to consume your way out of midweek misery. Here are six deals around Downtown (roughly from 22nd St to North Ave, east of the river) that you can’t get any other day of the week:
• 17/West has the same special Wednesdays and Fridays, which is mildly suspicious. It entails a tasting of three featured bourbons (tonight are Buffalo Trace, W.L. Weller, and Eagle Rare - not a bad line-up) for $7.
• Bella Lounge has probably the coolest Wednesday special of all: it’s “Pretty Night,” and from 7pm to 10pm, $40 buys you some combination of manicures, massages, martinis (purposefully alliterative!), sushi and flatbread. Probably not a singles scene, unless you’re really slick. But awesome nonetheless.
• Downtown Dogs discounts bratwurst and fries to $4.50 on Wednesdays. This would be a perfect thing to do before your manicure/massage.
• Kasey’s Tavern sells freakin’ $2 well drinks on Wednesdays from all six major booze groups: vodka, gin, rum, whiskey, scotch, and tequila!
• Rosebud Steakhouse serves baby calves’ liver with bacon and onions on Wednesdays. Which is like manna from heaven, and a great color palette for a hip leather calf-skin jacket. Yes. But ideally from the very same calf!
• Weather Mark Tavern’s Wednesday deal consists of a 12” pizza (choice of cheese, spinach, or sausage & mushroom) for $8.95, plus $2 domestic bottles.
[Photo: Eddie’s Gourmet Pizza]