This particular MenuPages editor is addicted to caffeine. He’ll gladly admit it. That’s why he was kind of stoked to find this guide to optimal caffeine consumption from science blog Developing Intelligence. How to get the most out of your coffee?
1) Consume in small, frequent amounts (between 20-200mg per hour. Hells yes!)
2) Play to your cognitive strengths while wired
3) Play to caffeine’s strengths (use sugar instead of Sweet n’ Low… and nicotine speeds the metabolism of caffeine!)
4) Tweak caffeine intake based on your own particular neurological and cardiovascular quirks… After all, if you sweat after two cups of coffee, it ain’t a smart idea.
5) Stick to coffee or green tea for maximum efficiency.
Caffeine: A User’s Guide to Getting Optimally Wired [Developing Intelligence]
[Image via Tom G. Palmer]