A patron of the Red Lobster in Cherry Hill allegedly found an unexpected ingredient in her stuffed mushroom… A small metal spring. Here’s the word from the Burlington County Times:
Blackson ordered an appetizer of stuffed mushrooms at the Red Lobster on Route 38 in Cherry Hill on Jan. 12, 2006, the lawsuit states. She did not finish the appetizer and asked restaurant employees to wrap the food so she could take it home, the lawsuit says.
While eating the leftovers the next day, Blackson choked on a spring inside one of the mushrooms, according to the lawsuit.
The lawsuit does not say how the spring got into the mushroom. The suit says the defendants “were negligent in the purchase of prepared foods, preparation of foods, (and) service of foods.”
Meanwhile, we find the fact that the woman discovered the spring while at home was… Interesting. Oh well; it’s up to the courts to decide.
Lumberton woman sues restaurant [Phillyburbs]
[Image via mvny.org]