We so much enjoyed the exercise of summing up blog posts in ten words or less, we wonder if we can do it for the articles in this week’s Sun-Times and Tribune Wednesday food sections? Probably! Don’t kill us if we hit eleven by accident.
• Sandy Thorn Clark shines an anthropological/historical spotlight on cookbooks [Sun-Times]
• The history part, in a handy timeline; check 1947 [Sun-Times]
• Pomegranate season is expiring; remember, only eat the seeds! [Sun-Times]
• A made-up title for the person profiled in this article: sakemmelier [Sun-Times]
• What’s hotter: new British cuisine, or their celebrity chefs! Neither? [Tribune]
• Nevertheless, KPang interviews Gordon Ramsay by phone from Wales! [Tribune]
• Everyone wants to know where to find scrapple in Chicago [Tribune]
• Bill Daley details the ten Italian varietals you should know [Tribune]
• Gluten’s the new carbs! It was also the old carbs [Tribune]
We promise we won’t be this brief every time, but it certainly clears up our schedule for putting new menus online. Later this afternoon: La Cocina de Frida, Smoke Shack, Metro Klub!
[Photo: Scrapple tasting ‘08, and you weren’t invited (Uncle_Pickle/flickr)]