And they really run the gamut, from pizza places to Polish to Cuban to Vietnamese and back again.
One of the restaurants are legitimately new: Con Sabor Cubano, a Lincoln Square sandwich shop. It’s getting decent buzz on LTH, and they’re having a big ol’ Grand Opening this Saturday that we’ll tell you about in full tomorrow.
And there are some old favorites (someone’s favorites, anyway) that we simply overlooked, like Pho 777 and, inexplicably, the
Ghirardelli Ice Cream & Chocolate Shop by the Water Tower. Ghirardelli is one of those words where we always forget the second “r”. Another example of this is barbiturate. Go figure!
As for the rest, prepare yourselves for alphabetical order, annotated with address and cuisine:
• Adobo Express, Lincoln Square Filipino
• Angelica’s, Avondale Polish
• El Rinconcito Cubano, Logan Square Cuban
• Foodstuffs, Merch Mart salads and sausages
• Franco’s Pizza, University Village pizzeria
• GrillInn, Rogers Park hot dogs
• Hagen’s Fish Market, Dunning seafood
• Halina’s Polish Delights, Portage/Jefferson Park Polish
• La Canasta Lincoln Park Mexican
• Mahoney’s Pub & Grill West Side Bar & Grill
• Panozzo’s, South Loop Italian deli
• Pizzaco’s Italian Eatery, Wrigleyville Italian
• Players Bar & Grill, Lincoln Park Bar & Grill