Can a restaurant kill? Can a lawsuit be frivolous? There’s some craziness going on in New York.
Way back in 2006, a 28-year-old hedge fund manager named Sunil Varghese was dining at Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steak House. He started choking on a piece of steak and staggered to the restaurant’s bathroom. Several minutes later, a colleague found him dead on the restroom floor.
Now Varghese’s father is suing the restaurant for negligence… More than a year after his son died.
Steakhouse Sued In Fatal Choke [New York Post]