We went trolling around the internet for the best jackolanterns (you know, since they’re made out of food), and we found ten that we liked. And RANKED them!
10) Barfing pumpkin (with beer), Red/Brian
It drank too much, obviously.
9) Winnie The Pooh, mmastsuura
This jackolantern terrifies us! So Japanese.
8) R2D2, Derringdos
Cute. Would like more holes, but must worry about accuracy.
7) Jack ‘O Lantern Mushroom, Cornell Mushroom Blog
Completely irrelevant that it’s from a different kingdom. It’s poisonous! People mistake it for Chanterelles! Also, Cornell mushroom blog!
6) A.C. Slater, robotrock/flickr
Um, amazing. Loses points for not being lit up.
5) Pumpkin Pi, Theoda/flickr
Conceptually clever. Loses points for being too easy to carve, gains a few back because the carver is taking it into work.
4) Cylon (Battlestar Galactica), MAKE
Wow. LEDs, even! Also, Cylons are really scary.
3) Dwight (The Office), jeffer72/flickr
Deep pop-culture relevancy. Fancy carving. Could have been a bit more in focus, but oh well.
2) Hokusai’s “36 Views of Mt. Fuji,” jessica_beagan/flickr
OMG. This is art. On a pumpkin. For real. Yes!
1) Cannibal pumpkin, Gregory Brown/flickr
Perfectly captures the holiday spirit. Reminds us of Bill Watterson (Calvin & Hobbs) and LOLcats, all at once. Expressions are spot on. Lovely.
For more sick jackos, check out Extreme Pumpkins. They do it right.
Have a hollow Happyween, everybody!