We’re too revved up for the holidays to find a theme in the articles (from the Sun-Times, but also from the past two weeks of Newcity), so here’s a randomly selected rundown, presented unlabeled for your amusement:
• Mike Nagrant says, Swim Cafe is so enjoyable, with great espresso and paninis, that he forgot to review it until now. Although the review is mostly about him, anyway. (p.s. may we add that they also have Scrabble on Sundays?)
• Chuck Sudo, ever the beer-lover, takes a look at a local beer outfit (Half Acre Beer Co.) that’s working on moving its production to the city
• Grant Achatz forging ahead, undaunted, as usual. The man is an inspiration
• Underappreciated: Sicilian wine
• Describing a cross-country pie sampling trip. Why weren’t we invited? Was it because of that nasty thing we did to an apple pie and our father caught us or something? No wait, that wasn’t us; it was a stupid movie. Phew!
[Photo: anchovies, doing what they do best, lasassone/flickr]